Monday, December 1, 2014

Human Body is the Mark Final


I think I was excited about this project the most because I was so sure of what I wanted to capture. The following are photos I found on Pinterest that originally inspired me.







I wanted to mask the identity of the model and focus on the body solely. I found this mask with feathers on the top and decided to use that. I also knew the setting of the final photographs would be somewhere in nature - in the woods. 
I also knew that clothing was going to be a major distraction so like the above photos, I went with a minimalistic approach. The model wore basic lingerie to compliment the mask and the natural curves, bust, etc of the model.

The photographs represent a figure in the woods with a human body. The identity of the form/person is purposely unknown. The form is hidden in the trees and brush in order to frame the curvature and ligaments of the body. The skin tone was hi-lighted by natural lighting to focus on the color tone, imperfections, etc. of the flesh. I wanted the form to be as natural as possible. 

The model was also very Bambi or doe-like to represent naive or innocence in the woods. Unaware of civilization or industrialization in society. The model posed like this to represent that and to highlight the form specifically - fingers dangling to focus on them and the whole hand as a form. 

The photo with the model's back turned is one of the more important photos in the series because it shows the other side of the body and it's imperfections - which is my favorite part. 



























No comments:

Post a Comment