Thursday, December 11, 2014

Drawing in Space

I wanted to draw in space with metallic, dark with contrast spherical objects. I also wanted to play with reflective surfaces.






The final product I made with different sized balloons in an imperfect vertical line - ceiling to floor. I wanted different textures so I sprayed some balloons with a silver metallic spray paint and others after I paper mached them for added texture. I chose blue balloons originally because I wanted the paint to have an underlying cool tone. 
I wanted to piece to have movement and for the audience's eyes to constantly move up and down the piece. The highly texture pieces weigh the piece down at the bottom while smaller smoother balloons hang from the top. I also left one blue balloon that seems to be teetering a few balloons at the top. I wanted to create weight with something weightless from ceiling to floor. 
I enjoy the piece because it looks as if it has been paused just before collapsing - stuck in time and space.









No comments:

Post a Comment