Thursday, September 25, 2014

Science Experiment

For my science experiment drawing I wanted to be as unpredictable as possible so decided to start off with dripping nail polish in water. I then plopped rocks in which broke up the perfect patterns. I added colorful cereal that I found in my kitchen because I liked the saturation and the texture. I then added thick maple syrup to change the characteristics of the water base. More droplets of bright nail polish was added to play off the cereal chunks.
I then went into my spice cabinet and added cinnamon, thick powdered sugar and chili pepper flakes all to experiment with texture and color.
The final product was a mess! But it was successful in that the photograph I achieved was unpredictable and mysterious to those who don't know my original process.














No comments:

Post a Comment